Wednesday, May 20, 2015

IMPRESSIONS AFTER THE VISIT IN TURKEY


When I arrived in Denizli the first thing that I said was "I want to go back". The family in which I was staying was very hospitable. We talked about a lot of things. The children from school were very polite and enjoyable. I liked Pamukkale and the view from there. We walked barefoot in the water and I was afraid that I could fall. For the second time I was convinced that Turkish people are very nice and sociable.

Filiz Ismailova, BULGARIA


The weather upon our very arrival was incredibly warm and so were the people that met us. The programme that our partners from Turkey had prepared for us from our first day there to our very last was especially well balanced. It would be an immensely difficult task for me, were I to be asked what I would exclude from that programme.All activities were undeniably related to the subject matter of the project and in their essence they were as educational and engaging as they were enjoyable. We had the chance to visit and experience elements of the Turkish everyday life in history and today and to observe the similarities to our own lifestyle, rather than the differences in this respect. In my opinion it is our concentrating on similarities that brings about harmony and unity and this is what we achieved in an easily detectable manner.The meals were all traditional cuisine – something one would expect when visiting a particular country, but is not always the case in many hotels or similar establishments. The lack of the so-called international cuisine gave us the opportunity to dip into the local culture and experience the lifestyle to its fullest. Especially appealing to me was the traditional Turkish tea – something that contributed a great deal to the general feeling of warmth that possessed me throughout my entire visit in this sunny country.It was indeed a positive and memorable experience, which I am deeply grateful to have had the chance to be a part of.

Dimitar Dimitrov, BULGARIA


***

Despite the limited time we stayed at the meeting we were able to experience how warm Turkish hospitality is and to see some of the highlights of this magnificent country. Ozgur planned everything with such great care and on a high standard that we really wished our collaboration hadn’t come to an end. I especially enjoyed teaching Turkish students who showed interest in other cultures. They were cooperative, open-minded and active. We would like to thank Melissa and her family for hosting our student, Elke. Many thanks goes to the entire ”Warm at Home” family for the unforgettable moments. We’ll miss you a lot!


Zoltán Kerekes, Hungary


***

Despite the hardships of the journey to Turkey, it was wonderful. A 15-hour waiting for the plane from Istanbul to Denizli we spent visiting this city steeped in history. We can meet lots of monuments almost at every step. In addition to visual sensations, there were also those culinary dishes. The baklava cake has been my favourite cake since then. Blue mosque made the greatest impression on me both outside and in the wonder and fairy-tale interior. In spite of the fact that I was afraid of cultural and religious. differences, Turkey has made a great impression on me.The family who were hosting me was nice and very caring. Ezgi is a nice and funny girl. We went on trips exploring this region of the country, its history and tradition.  The most beautiful place for me is perhaps Pamukkale.

I would like to thank all friends from Turkey, especially Mr. Boyaci and all the participants of WAH for the wonderful moments there. I am going to miss you.

Weronika Zmysłowska, POLAND

***

I will remember all the nice moments for a long time, especially when we were visiting ancient historical places, enjoying the hospitality of Turkish people.
I would like to thank the Turkish families who hosted project students. Thank you, Mr Tahir Ekelik for showing us your home village and your family. It was a very emotional meeting for me. A big thank you to Mr Boyaci and his team for the whole week!
We were able to observe the educational system in Turkey, your customs and food. Everything is great!
I will miss Turkey a lot because this country and Turkish people have made a very emotional impression on me.

Agnieszka Szymańska, POLAND
***

It has been my 6th visit to Turkey so I knew what to expect. Yet, it surprised me again! It’s incredible how this country can be discovered every time you visit it! But my coming to Denizli would not have happened at all. I had a lot of problems with acquiring the visa to Turkey. Actually, I had a lot of luck, I must say. First of all, the travel agent where I bought my plane tickets informed me about the possibility to buy visas online. This is how I learned that my passport will not be applicable (as visas can be issued for a passport valid at least 8 months). Mine was valid for 6 months! So I quickly applied for a new passport and got it 3 days before leaving for Turkey! What luck!

         On our coming, we first visited Istanbul. This monumental historical splendid city bewitched us with a sunny weather, kind people who accompanied us wherever we needed directions, astonishingly beautiful carpets of tulips near the Blue Mosque, unforgettable taste of fresh baklava eaten in the morning sun, and a flair of old Ottoman times in the Topkapi Palace combined with Roman and Bizantine period in the Cistern. Later on, we moved south to Denizli, where the meeting was held. I must admit Turkish people know well how to host and make you feel important. After meeting with the fantastic Mayor of Denizli, who not only made an impression on us all by speaking English but also by showing interest in partner countries and by giving us tokens of friendship, I ran the meeting with principals of local schools. Together with other WAH friends I was interviewed on TV and had a building conversation with the DRT manager and journalist. I will never forget the wonderful day in Pamukkale and terrific stories told by our guide while strolling among ancient ruins of Hierapolis and Necropolis.

        Thanks to him I realized the connection the ancient tribes and nations  had and that Turkey is not a monolith society but should rather be perceived as a melting pot of different races, nations and religions. It’s the meeting point for the east and the west, the north and the south, Christianity and Islam, men and women, tradition and modern. No wonder we had some controversies that sometimes made us angry or disappointed but, since we are all friends, we could ease the tensions by making jokes, laughing and talking in a friendly tone.
         
        In Turkey, I met friends and got acquainted with new people. I tasted delicious iskender and kebab, and saw  what traditional houses look like. I noticed a lot of positive fluids among old people meeting young ones and smiley faces all over Turkey. I swam in thermal waters, walked on travertines that used to be tramped by Cleopatra herself, I negotiated prices in the covered bazaar and experienced warmth at a Turkish home over a delightful cup of coffee.

         Whatever we say about Turks and their country, one is certain and always true: you cannot get bored there or feel unnoticed. Thanks to Őzgür and his army of teachers, our stay in their home was awesome and will never be forgotten.


Joanna Wilczyńska, POLAND


***


           We went to Turkey at the end of April for  the last meeting  of our  Comenius  project “WARM AT  HOME” and we stayed one day in Instanbul before going to Denizli. It was a fantastic  experience visiti ng  the Blue Mosque  and the Church of Saint Sophia.
Our meeting was interesting and valid like the other times and the atmosphere was joyful , even if we knew that it was the last  opportunity to stay all together.
We worked on the project, presenting our last products and planning  for the final report.
We visited  some wonderful places, but  above all  I appreciated  the “warmth” and the friendship we made during  these years. Thanks to all the Turkish team.

Mimma Crupi, ITALY

***


         Great meeting!  The last but not the least!. Turkish team  planned  each moment of our staying in a wonderful way. I appreciated the work done at school with the students who showed interest in our culture and country. The meeting with  the 30 School Principals , the Mayor, the TV interview  was the best way to disseminate our project , exchange ideas  and experiences about our work,  country and culture, asserting  that we have in common  the same Mediterranean roots and most  of all an open mind to every chance that can enrich our life.
Apart this,  I appreciated every moment visiting ancient and historical  locations, enjoying the hospitality of Turkish people and thanks to the Turkish team who have been really careful so that this last meeting was unforgettable.Thanks to Ozgur and his team!! I’ll miss you a lot! 

Nina Morabito, ITALY

***


We want to thank to ''Warm at home'' family for giving us a chance to discover a country like Turkey.

It was a fantastic experience visiting the Blue Mosque, Church of Saint Sophia and others amazing 
places in Istambul. Also it was a wonderful experience the day wihch we visited Pamukkale.



Cristóbal and Miguel, SPAIN

***






No comments:

Post a Comment